Sat, May 20|
Registration for funjumpers- Cancer Survivor Event
May 20th we will have a cancer survivor event in partnership with Epic Life Adventure (a non-profit). We hope to get 100 survivors in the air for a tandem jump. Even though we are not officially open to fun jumpers, we have decided to open up 14 slots. PLEASE read through the "terms".
Time & Location
May 20, 2023, 8:00 AM – 7:30 PM
Mountain City, 611 Airport Rd, Mountain City, TN 37683, USA
About the event
May 20th we have a cancer survivor event. 100 tandems is the goal. Originally we were not going to be open to funjumpers, but several people have asked.
So to keep things organized & moving, and still making it all about the cancer survivors, we will open up to 14 funjumpers. Here is the deal:
- $300 for 6 loads. This will pay for the loads and raise money for the non-profit that is covering the tandems for the cancer survivors.
- Funjumpers will be pre-manifested and on every third load, your slot counts even if you decide not to get on it (this will take away the whole manifest craziness since we need to focus on the cancer survivors)
- If weathered out, the 6 jumps (or whats left) will be banked at Skydive Mountain City, the non-profit will still get their share since the tandems can reschedule if we can not get them in the air May 20 or the rain date May 21.
- If we have a picture perfect day, there will be more loads available and we can then do "regular" per load manifest and lift ticket $32. We will in that case also open up on Sunday for the public tandems and any other fun jumper.
- 100 jumps, B license
- Need to check in Friday, or 7.30am Saturday since we will have 100 tandems checking in at 8am and 10am.
- Bring SIGNED logbook, USPA card (physical or on phone), and have packing card and rig ready at check in.
- Important: Tandems are priority, so if we have shut downs due to weather or anything like that, we may have to move the funjumper load.
- Important: Packers are for tandems first. They can only do sport rigs if time allows. So be prepared to pack and even help other jumpers if needed.
If you know of a cancer survivor, or their family member/ friend that were by their side- we still have slots to fill. Reach out to me and I will send the registration for that. $50 registration fee, but their tandem, video, lunch and shirt is covered by sponsors and donations.
Please help us make this event Epic!
Funjumper registration May 20$300.00+$7.50 service fee